Montgomery Boulevard on-ramp to southbound I-25 closed for seven weeks

Date:


PHASE OF THE I-25 CONSTRUCTION PROJECT, AND THAT’S GOING TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR SEVEN WEEKS. SO IT’S GOING TO BE A WHILE UNTIL THAT REOPENS. AND GUESS WHO’S STANDING RIGHT BY IS ALYSSA MUNOZ IS AT THAT VERY CLOSURE TO TELL US WHAT THINGS LOOK LIKE AND HOW IT’S ALL GOING OVER THERE. ALYSSA. GOOD MORNING. GOOD MORNING, ROYALE. MIGUEL. SO THIS ONRAMP RIGHT HERE CLOSED LAST NIGHT. IT WILL BE CLOSED FOR ABOUT SEVEN WEEKS. THAT’S GOING TO CAUSE SOME TRAFFIC HERE ON THE OTHER ROADS RIGHT HERE NEXT TO IT. SO JUST EXPECT SOME DELAYS. NOW THIS CLOSURE STRETCHES FROM MONTGOMERY BOULEVARD TO MIDTOWN ROAD. THAT’S A LITTLE BIT PAST TOPGOLF. DURING THIS TIME, CREWS ARE REBUILDING A NEW ON RAMP. DRIVERS CAN USE COMANCHE TO TRY AND GET AROUND THIS, AND NMDOT SAYS THERE WILL ALSO BE DETOURS TO ACCESS THE BUSINESSES RIGHT HERE, LIKE STARBUCKS AND KIVA. BY THE CLOSURE. NOW, LAST MONTH, CREWS COMPLETED THE NORTHBOUND OFF RAMP AND NOW THEY’RE WORKING TO GET SOUTHBOUND DONE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. NEARBY RESIDENTS MAY NOTICE INCREASED OVERNIGHT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY, INCLUDING NOISE, LIGHTING, LIGHT, VIBRATION. BUT THESE ARE ALL THINGS THAT ARE BEING DONE SO THAT CREWS CAN EXTEND THEIR HOURS AND WORK TO GET THE PROGRESS ACCELERATED. NOW, AGAIN, THIS CLOSURE IS GOING TO BE FOR ABOUT SEVEN WEEKS. YOU CAN FIND DETOURS AND MORE INFORMATION JUST ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Montgomery Boulevard on-ramp to southbound I-25 closed for seven weeks

The closure stretches from Montgomery Boulevard south to Midtown Road

KOAT logo

Updated: 6:58 AM MDT May 18, 2026

Editorial Standards

The on-ramp from Montgomery Boulevard to southbound I-25 in Albuquerque is closed for seven weeks as crews rebuild the ramp as part of an ongoing project. The closure stretches from Montgomery Boulevard south to Midtown Road, which is near Topgolf. Drivers can use Comanche Road to navigate around the closure, and detours will be in place to access businesses near the affected area. Last month, crews completed the northbound off-ramp, and they are now working to finish the southbound ramp as quickly as possible. “Nearby residents may notice increased overnight construction activity, including noise, lighting, light vibration. But these are all things that are being done so that crews can extend their hours and work to get the progress accelerated,” said Kimberly Gallegos, public information officer for the New Mexico Department of Transportation.

The on-ramp from Montgomery Boulevard to southbound I-25 in Albuquerque is closed for seven weeks as crews rebuild the ramp as part of an ongoing project.

The closure stretches from Montgomery Boulevard south to Midtown Road, which is near Topgolf. Drivers can use Comanche Road to navigate around the closure, and detours will be in place to access businesses near the affected area.

Last month, crews completed the northbound off-ramp, and they are now working to finish the southbound ramp as quickly as possible.

“Nearby residents may notice increased overnight construction activity, including noise, lighting, light vibration. But these are all things that are being done so that crews can extend their hours and work to get the progress accelerated,” said Kimberly Gallegos, public information officer for the New Mexico Department of Transportation.



Source link

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Italian minister says Modena attack raises integration concerns amid migration debate

ROME -- Italy’s interior minister said Monday that a...

Seven Cabins Fire, Plane crash victims identified, Breezy weather, Swim safety, Railyards market

Monday's Top Stories Monday's Five Facts Officials provide...

[EXCLUSIVE] How Luke Combs Helped Launch Cody Johnson Worldwide

The 61st Annual ACM Awards proved to be the...

France’s Publicis to Acquire LiveRamp for $2.55 Billion in AI Push

The deal is the French company’s biggest acquisition since...