Clovis man sentenced for making shooting threat

Date:



A man in eastern New Mexico has been sentenced for threatening to shoot a teen girl and her family.The Ninth Judicial District Attorney’s Office said 20-year-old Dominick Sena, of Clovis, will serve six years in the state Department of Corrections. He was found guilty of two counts of making a shooting threat.Your neighborhood: Local news from KOAT Action 7 NewsThe investigation by Clovis police looked into a series of shooting threats made by Sena toward a 19-year-old and her family. Officers reviewed messages, including one where Sena told the victim to, “just wait,” expressing that he would come to her home with others.The investigation started in November 2025.District Attorney Quentin Ray said threatening statements made, especially involving gun violence, will be handled in Curry and Roosevelt counties.”Threats of gun violence are not idle words — they terrorize families and disrupt our community,” Ray said. “The District Attorney’s Office remains committed to protecting victims and the community from acts of intimidation and potential gun violence.”Sena was on probation when the police investigation and threats happened.Stay updated on the latest news with the KOAT app. You can download it here.

A man in eastern New Mexico has been sentenced for threatening to shoot a teen girl and her family.

The Ninth Judicial District Attorney’s Office said 20-year-old Dominick Sena, of Clovis, will serve six years in the state Department of Corrections. He was found guilty of two counts of making a shooting threat.

Your neighborhood: Local news from KOAT Action 7 News

The investigation by Clovis police looked into a series of shooting threats made by Sena toward a 19-year-old and her family. Officers reviewed messages, including one where Sena told the victim to, “just wait,” expressing that he would come to her home with others.

The investigation started in November 2025.

District Attorney Quentin Ray said threatening statements made, especially involving gun violence, will be handled in Curry and Roosevelt counties.

“Threats of gun violence are not idle words — they terrorize families and disrupt our community,” Ray said. “The District Attorney’s Office remains committed to protecting victims and the community from acts of intimidation and potential gun violence.”

Sena was on probation when the police investigation and threats happened.

Stay updated on the latest news with the KOAT app. You can download it here.



Source link

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Peru’s Congress removes interim President Jerí as he faces corruption allegations

LIMA, Peru -- Peru’s Congress on Tuesday voted to...

Man arrested after running toward Capitol with shotgun, police say

A person was arrested Tuesday afternoon after running toward...

Trace Adkins Might Retire After His 2026 Tour

Trace Adkins kicked off his 30th Anniversary Tour last month,...

Steel Dynamics, SGH Raise BlueScope Steel Takeover Bid to $11 Billion

Under the revised offer, BlueScope shareholders would receive about...